If you’re a lefty and looking to get into golf, you may be wondering if left-handed golf clubs are more expensive than right-handed ones. The answer is yes…and no. It all depends on where you’re shopping.
Generally speaking, left-handed golf clubs will cost a bit more than their right-handed counterparts. But there are plenty of places where you can find great deals on lefty golf clubs. So don’t let the price tag deter you from picking up the set that’s right for you.
10% of the world’s population is left-handed and a tiny percentage of this population happens to be golfers. Getting your hands on the best golf clubs for left-handers can be a little challenging but you can be least assured you’ll get some.
However, they cost the same as right-handed golf clubs. It is important to shop wisely before you settle on the right golf clubs for left-handers.
Most companies, for example, Mizuno, Callaway, and Nike have the best golf clubs for left-handers as well as golf clubs for right-handers. However, there isn’t a big market for left-handed golf clubs which means they are not produced in large numbers.
10 Best Golf Clubs for Lefties
Here are my top 10 recommendations for the best golf clubs for left-handed players:
- Callaway Rogue Driver: This driver is designed for maximum forgiveness and distance, and it’s a popular choice among left-handed players.
- Mizuno MP-20 Irons: These irons are known for their precise shot-making ability and soft feel.
- Titleist SM7 Wedges: These wedges have a versatile design that allows for a variety of shots around the green.
- Taylormade SIM Max Fairway Wood: This fairway wood has a low center of gravity and a speed pocket design, making it easy to get the ball airborne and achieve long, straight shots.
- Cleveland RTX 4 Wedges: These wedges have a classic look and feel, and they offer a wide range of bounce and grind options for versatility on the course.
- Callaway Epic Flash Putter: This putter has a unique flash face design that helps to increase ball speed and distance control.
- Cobra F-Max Superlite Irons: These irons are designed for maximum distance and forgiveness, making them a great option for mid- to high-handicap lefties.
- Nike VR Pro Blade Irons: These irons have a classic blade design and a soft feel, making them a favorite among many left-handed players.
- Wilson Staff FG Tour F5 Fairway Wood: This fairway wood has a low profile design and a shallow face, making it easy to hit and get the ball airborne.
Can Golf Clubs for Left Handers be Custom Made?
The answer to this question is yes; you only need the golfer’s weight, height, gender as well as their distance from their wrist to the floor.
Best Golf Clubs for Lefties
Pinemeadow Men’s PGX Golf Set is one of the best golf clubs for left handers especially for people on a tight budget. These are quality golf clubs for left handed golfers; they have an impressive and forgiving 460cc driver which helps in delivering good accuracy and impressive distance.
The best thing about these left handed golf clubs is that they have a light graphite shaft.
The handy 4 hybrid helps you to avoid longer irons. The three golf clubs come with head covers. The white finish has been designed to improve visibility. The irons run from 5 to the pitching edge.
They come with ultra wide soles and they have been optimized for an easy launch and a good spin. Unfortunately the sand wedge is not included in this set but good news is that they don’t cost and arm and a leg.
The other one you’ll need to add is a putter but again, they are also found at amazing prizes; choosing a putter separately allows you to pick the one that you are comfortable with.
The best thing about Pinemeadow Men’s PGX Golf Set for left handers is that it is quite affordable. As your game improves, you’ll need to add a few golf clubs to your golf set.
- The set comes with 3 head covers
- Has 460cc driver
- The set gives you value for money
- Has wide soled irons
- The driver and the 3 wood have a graphite shaft
- Sand wedge, putter and the golf bag are bought separately
- It is not meant for seasoned players
Cleveland Golf Men’s Launcher HB Iron Set is popular because it is easy to hit, has extreme forgiveness, gives straight shots as well as effortless high launches. This golf clubs for left handers set is being improved as days go by in order to extend the forgiveness as well as the effectiveness of full range irons.
Cleveland has successfully added technology to their past productions of golf clubs for left handers; the HiBore crowns have been working well with the hollow constructions of these Cleveland irons.
This gives them a low but deep center of gravity thus distributing more weight on the perimeter. For better interaction with the turf, these irons have a wide sole.
The combination of wide soles and the hollow construction gives these irons great forgiveness, help with good launching as well as improving on the distance control on the greens.
- Accurate and forgiving
- Easy to launch
- Progressive design
- Hollow construction
- Great green side control
- Doesn’t work for all players
- Limited playability
Recap: Are Left-Handed Golf Clubs More Expensive?
Yes, left handed golf clubs are generally more expensive than right handed clubs. This is because left handed clubs are typically a specialty item and there is typically less demand for them, so they are produced in smaller quantities. This can lead to higher production costs, which are passed on to the consumer.
Additionally, because there is less demand for left handed clubs, retailers may be less likely to offer discounts or promotions on them, further driving up the price.
However, it is worth noting that the price difference between left and right handed clubs has been decreasing in recent years as more and more manufacturers have started to offer left handed options in their product lines. Overall, if you are a lefty golfer, you may have to pay a little bit extra for your clubs, but it is worth it to be able to play with the best equipment for your game.